Friday, August 15, 2008

That was easy!

But it won't be for very long . . .

So yesterday we got our week one diet and exercise e-mail from the Boss-man (aka Patrick).

It was much easier to handle than i expected. Mainly because the last thing that stuck in my mind about PCP1's routines was squating jumpropes. SQUATTING JUMPROPES! That actually made me cringe. But thankfully Patrick isn't throwing us in the deep-end . . . yet.

Diet

Go about your regular diet. Except that you will eat only half of what you usually eat. Go ahead, have a beer or a glass of wine or piece of cake too, but only half of what you usually drink. Everything half. And start to cut your salt intake as much as possible.

Comments: Easy-peasy. I have already changed my diet a lot because of the PCP. I changed to being a pescetarian like Patrick and David, and have cut most all sugars, salts, and perservatives. So small portions is OK with me too. I did a 2 week juice fast this time last year and ever since my body has adapted to diet change much easier.

Training

500 to 1000 jumpropes. Aim to be just on the edge of winded. This is the zone when your body burns fat.

Squats - 5 sets of 20. Before we get to all the fancy muscles on the upper body, we need strong legs.

Push-ups - 4 sets of 8. Use push-up bars if you have them.

Crunches - 4 sets of 15. Go slowly, curl your body up as if you were rolling up a newspaper.

Comments: I'm going to try to build to 1000 jumps by the end of the week. But I tell you 500 is fun, but hard. I can get maybe 60 in a row, tops. I don't have push-up bars yet so I'm elevating my feet. This work-out is pretty low-key but I don't see it staying easy for long. I cower in fear of the though of squatting jump-ropes and 200 v-sits.

Till tommorow, Have great day everyone! Lets rock the PCP!

9 comments:

Tim said...

Well done, Nate. I guess I have to be the Blogger King because I'll have trouble being the Exercise King, for sure. I'll leave that one for you!!

Adrian and Emiko said...

Oh man..jump rope got me tired real fast. Anyone up for double dutch?

-A

Adrian and Emiko said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adrian and Emiko said...

Emiko, whilst jump-roping: "Man, I get tired after 60 jumps!"

Adrian: "So does Nate!"

haha...blogging gives us such specific details of each others lives, doesn't it?

Good luck tomorrow! try to go for 70 jumps!

-Emi

Sean said...

Yeah, don't even start thinking about those squatting jumpropes just yet, it'll make things much more difficult. Also, enjoy 500-1000 jumpropes a day...ooo, and those v-sits, whew!

I'm sure I'm not helping too much :-)

Glad to hear that your first day got off to such a good start. Keep it up man, you're already doing great!

Patrick said...

Dude, when I started the rope I couldn't get through more than 10 without catching my feet. Last week I broke my all time record with 1644 in a row.

You will get better!

Amy said...

yeah! One day successfully completed...it feels good to be started!

Nate said...

hey guys thanks for all the encouragement.

Adrian maybe if we ever get have a PCP convention we can have a double dutch event!

Adrian and Emiko said...

"Adrian maybe if we ever get have a PCP convention we can have a double dutch event!"

Oh man, that would be awesome.

-A