Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Revelations

So I realized a couple things today.

1. I will never do my jump-roping  right after dinner ever-ever again. It was a strange feeling. Instead of my muscles not being able to keep up with my breath, it was the opposite. I was getting winded way easier. 

2. Patrick's right, around day 4 or 5 is when you start getting hungry because of our 1/2 portions. I had to eat a hard boiled egg between lunch and dinner because I was STARVING! And I kinda hope Patrick lets us choose eggs or protein powder because I love eggs! But then again eating a ton every day could get old i guess.

3. I don't know who originally said it but "I would rather wear out than rust out." I love this phrase and it is so true. I work in a pharmacy and I tell you what, I get really tired of people, or even pity people who have become complacent. So many people blindly go day to day not taking care of their bodies, the #1 most prized possession we all have. I don't have anything against people who aren't "skinny" or "fit" it's people that would rather RUST out than WEAR out that get on my nerves. 

Patrick said in our last e-mail, "I will consider the PCP successful not only if you five get in shape, but if you get an education about how to take care of your most important asset, your one and only body!"

Amen.

So please start being more mindful and get on the path to taking care of yourself. Set your mind on wearing out not rusting out.

Be proud to be human.

Thanks for reading my serious post everyone! Have a great day!

5 comments:

Adrian and Emiko said...

Hey Nate,

I definitely felt the hunger today. Caved in and bought some fast food and ate some potato chips. But I did only eat half of what I usually would :)

-A

Adrian and Emiko said...

...and by "fast food" he means a gyro. Which was delicious (I ate the other half)!

Keep going with this "wear out not rust out" mentality, Nate. Although it is hard when you start to feel frustrated with other people's actions, remember to just focus on yourself and by example you will change others. What you do has a trickle effect for sure.

I hope you continue to feel optimistic, and to write insightful posts like this one! Lovely.

-E

Tim said...

OK, so I'm the smart arse. The answer is a Scot by the name of George Whitefield (1714-1770).

Same sentiment to "if you don't use it, you will lose it" but we are learning to use it so keep it up everyone.

Amy said...

Also don't drink a lot of water before jumping! I learned that lesson yesterday!

Nate said...

Adrian - Now I want a gyro haha (we always talk about food!)

Emiko - Thanks for reminding me of the trickle effect. I'll try to encourage it's spread.

Tim - I must say I do not plan on wearing out at age 56 though, like Mr. Whitefield! Lets see if PCPers can make it to 156!

Amy - Water! Great point another revelation!