Saturday, August 23, 2008

Eye of the Tiger!

So I'm going to start off by describing our new work-out routines. Patrick unveiled for us our exclusive PCP2 privilege and that's that we not only get a sneak-peak at his book but are following the new and improved methods that Patrick and Chen are much more confident in wielding results in 90 days. Sorry guys we can't share with you the pages form the book but we can share our routine, but I must say the color-coordinated informational picture diagrams are very helpful! 

So the way it works is we have a Workout 1 & 2 and a day of muscle rest with just jump-roping to use on any day of the week we choose. So every week you should do 3 of Workout 1, 3of Workout 2, and 1 day of just skipping.

I planned  my week as follows:

Saturday - Off day
Sunday  - Workout 1
Monday - Workout 2
Tuesday - Workout 1
Wednesday - Workout 2
Thursday - Workout 1
Friday - Workout 2

So you get the picture. I won't post that every week I'll just let you know what day I choose to rest. I'm not going to regret having to rest today, I had a lot going on. I had a friends funeral to go to and then after one of my buddy's and I worked on our project of turning an old zenith wood box TV into a fish tank to get our minds off of everything. I was at the point of almost not doing anything I was so wiped out but I checked my e-mail read some comments and knew I had to do it.

I killed those 1000 skips.

I never attacked the jumps so hard and felt so good I did sets like this 200-100-100-100-100-100-100-200 I rested about 20 seconds in between.

At 300 I wanted to punch something in the face it was awesome.

From jump 400-700 I didn't trip once.

And at 800-1000 I couldn't feel my legs.

I tell you what nothing so far has given me more courage in the PCP if it wasn't for the fact I would get to bed to late and throw off tomorrow's schedule I would do my strength training now but I wanted to be able to blog and share that one great thing is the PCP gets you in the zone and helps you work through tough times.

So my workout is as follows.

Workout 1
1000 Jumps
Squats - 3x15
Incline pull-up - 4x8
Push-up - 4x10
Curl - 3x10
Side shoulder fly - 4x12
Sit-up - 4x15

Workout 2
1000 Jumps
Lunge - 3x10
Incline pull-up - 4x8
Chest Fly - 4x12
Triceps dip - 3x8
Forward shoulder fly - 4x12
Leg-up - 4x15

So there you have it!

Have a nice night everyone. And if you're stressed do yourself some good, don't turn to comfort food and the TV, your body doesn't know what's best for you but your brain does, so tell yourself to go move, walk, run, jump, do some squats, anything and trust me you will reap the benefits.

6 comments:

Adrian and Emiko said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adrian and Emiko said...

Good job nailing those jumps Nate! Somehow, Emiko and I manage to trip during jump rope more times than a hippie on a week-long mushroom binge.

-A

Adrian and Emiko said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA Adrian you are too funny. And Nate, when I read your last post I got this awesome grin on my face and my eyes got all buggy from the hilarity and excitement.

YAY!
-E

p.s. my "word verification" was "mylyn," and I TOTALLY heard it in my head as I typed it! ("oh, that's like melon..teehee!")

Nate said...

Adrian that was awesome. Another priceless quotation. Thanks Emiko I'm glad the adrenaline spilled over. It's totally no fair that you got such a short word! My are always like "gfhrillytrb" it's takes me forever to interpret their silliness!

Amy said...

Wow, sounds like you are becoming the jump rope king! I don't usually want to go past 100 per set but I feel like my rhythm and style are getting better so maybe one day...!

Nate said...

Thanks amy! Don't worry you will be rocking the jumps in no time. I had a little head start because I started jump-roping a few weeks before the project a couple times a week. But think About how far you have probably already come in just 11 days!