Sunday, August 24, 2008

David Belle

So as everyone know (or maybe you don't) my Hero for the PCP is David Belle. I thought I would take a little time to tell show you some things about him so you can respect the discipline he follows as much as I do. The work he does is incredible and I feel he is someone who has the PCP mindset and body. So enjoy a couple of these vids!



This one is some highlight's of his work. Gives me chills.



This is an interview with David. It's translated with subtitles but the fact he can talk at all while doing this stuff is . . . insane.

So enjoy the vids. Have a nice day everyone I hope the sun is shining where you are. If not make it shine!

8 comments:

Patrick said...

That was awesome thanks man.

Amy said...

That's nuts! But so cool to watch. I think you're going to need to move to someplace bigger than Rochester if you want to practice your moves like that!

Nate said...

Welcome!

And Rochester is a pretty big city but when it comes down to it a bigger one is better to find many smaller areas that are all conducive to training. I haven't really explored the city yet with "Parkour eyes" but at some point during the project I should get the chance to post what I do find. And I tell you what Amy I don't know if I'll ever have the guts for moves like that!

miles said...

Those were great, thanks for sharing. The guy is a real life Prince of Persia.

Nate: On the topic of Rochester, do you know about the abandoned subways? The photos look incredible. They're filling some of them next Spring so now's the time to explore.

http://www.infiltration.org/journal-roch.html

Adrian and Emiko said...

One night my friend and I walked into a movie theater with no idea what we were going to watch. We asked the guy behind the food counter what he recommended, and he said District B13. So we bought tickets and were BLOWN AWAY.

David Belle is soooo cool! You picked a supreme Hero for this project. I agree, very PCP!

-E

Adrian and Emiko said...

Inspiring stuff Nate, thanks!

Nate said...

Miles - I have been into them a little ways. There are some weird underground places in the various parks too, old waterways etc. I wouldn't go into the subways to far personally for not just safety but sanitary reasons, people do live down there, so hence they take care of their bodily functions there as well. Gross lol.

A&E - David Belle does rock. I have to see District B13 still I have only seen clips. I heard they are filming District B14 right now too!

Tim said...

Reminds me of Will Smith's chase scene at the begining of "Men in Black" .... only that wasn't for real!