Friday, August 29, 2008

New Workout and Progress

So everybody without further ado here is my Week 3 (That's right Week 3!) workout. I'm gonna post the minimum-maximum (which isn't rally a max since we can work to failure) and after in parentheses  what I plan to be able to do, since some workout I cannot do to the max yet.

Workout 1
Jump-rope - 1500 (max)
Squats - 4x10-15 (max)
Incline Pull-up - 5x4-8 (8-8-8-8-5)
Push-up - 5x8-12 (12-12-12-10-10)
Curl - 4x10 (max)
Side Shoulder-fly - 4x10-15 (12-12-12-12)
Sit-up - 4x15-20 (max)

Workout 2
Lunge - 4x10-15 (max)
Lawnmower - 4x5-8 (don't know yet but I think max)
Chest-fly - 4x10-15  (max)
Ski Jumper - 3x8-10 (max)
Shoulder Press - 4x10-15 (don;t know yet probably in the middle my shoulders need work)
Leg-up - 4x10-15 (max, barely)

So I mentioned that I was gonna keep track of my measurements over the weeks. I wish I had the resources and time to also eep track of body fat percentage and measurements of muscles  when flexed but I have myself to measure myself so here are my updated measurements so far on Day 15!

Weight - 144lbs (down 4lbs)
Waist - 31.5" (down .5")
Stomach - 32.25" (down .75")
Chest - 36" (down .5")
Thighs - 20" (up 1")
Calves - 13.5" (same)
Biceps - 12.5" (same)
Forearms - 10.5" (same)


Results: It seems our intentional quad building has worked! Also places that had fat have shrunk! And my smaller muscles groups and always lean parts of my body (arms and claves) have not changed, understandably since we have only had one week to work on them and they should not shrink since I had very little fat there. My sister and I joke it's a Belle-Isle curse to put all fat on your stomach. It's true, trust me.

Alright I'm off to clean up after my workout. 

PCP advice of the day: Don't jump at night when it humid, reason = mosquitos 

Have a nice night world!

3 comments:

Adrian and Emiko said...

The picture of the ski-jumper exercise made me giggle.

-A

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I am following the PCPsince Patrick's 60th day. Since he seems towork on your excercises some new stuff is coming up.
Since those name of the exercises are new to me and me speaking german it is hard to find out what you are doing.
Could someone post links tothe correct excercises?
I tried to google some but I found so many different things.
And which ones are done with the bands?

Thanks and keep going

Nate said...

Thanks Jochen! It's awesome to have you here reading and sharing in this experience. I will have a post very soon and explain some of these exercises the best I can. Stay tuned!