Sunday, August 17, 2008

Back on Track

And on my Mac. I had to use my parents PC for a few days. Glad that's over! Whew!

So I realized today this whole eating half thing can be very deceiving. My brain automatically just wants to eat half of what I could eat, not have of what i usually eat. The problem being that if i ate half of what i could eat i would be eating about as much as i usually do! If that makes any sense, good.

So my Thai lunch was excellent. I ate half of what i usually would at a special occasion, however it was my biggest meal in days so I had a really small dinner. I even had to force myself to eat that, but when I started then I made it through dinner fine.

Other than that it was a pretty busy but less frantic than usual day. I got at least a dozen intense games of table tennis in the past 2 days and I tell you what, it can be cardio if you play against someone who really knows what they are doing and you are striving to keep up! Table tennis rocks so get out there and play some! Not to mention it's an Olympic sport.

Anyway goodnight everyone. I'll report back tomorrow. Maybe I will have something interesting and thought-provoking to share.

Have a great night!

Bonus PCP note: Frank's hot sauce has no calories! Woo-hoo! But if you are worried about sodium (as we are) it's fun and easy to make your own hot-sauce. More on this later . . .

4 comments:

Tim said...

Sounds like this is going to turn into the Peak Food Condition Project lol

Patrick said...

Franks Hot Sauce weighs in at 220 mg of sodium per teaspoon. 8% of the RDA, and the RDA is waaaay too high (it's been creeping up year after year as Americans get heftier and saltier) So take it easy with that stuff.

If you're wondering what's so bad about salt, stay tuned! Answers are coming!

Amy said...

yeah, I wanna know more about the salt, too. I never, ever put salt ON my food but I'm sure there's lots of salt IN the foods I eat. And the Tuong Ot Chili Garlic paste that I like to cook with has it as the second ingredient (after chilis, before garlic)!!!
Except fresh sliced tomatoes - can't eat those without a little pinch of salt!

Nate said...

Then I guess I'm going to have to make a project about PCP safe hot sauces and salsas. This is gonna be fun!