Monday, August 11, 2008

Launch time approaches!

Hello World!

It's so great to be typing this post. Day one is tomorrow! I can't even stop a smile from being on my face! I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and share with everyone how I feel about the PCP and where I want it to lead.

My name is Nate Belle-Isle, (some of you may know me simply as "nate" since I've been around commenting on all the blogs for some months now) and I am 20 yrs old. I am really interested to see how the PCP changes my dimensions so I am going to post some measurements every 30 days. Maybe I'll make a graph!

Height - 5' 6.5"
Weight - 148lbs
Waist - 32"
Stomach - 33"
Chest - 36.5"
Thighs - 19"
Calves - 13.5"
Biceps - 12.5"
Forearms - 10.5"

So I am intrigued to see how my body changes over the next three months and want to provide concrete figures for that. I noticed something funny though, that my right arm is slightly bigger than my left. I think that by the end, a small goal of mine is to be more balanced. The PCP does not favor one side over the other so I hope by the end to be balanced in both size and flexibility. And for everyone else out there that hasn't had a chance to "officially" do the PCP, it doesn't mean it can't change your life. I have already lost 15 lbs just from being encouraged from the information on these blogs. So join in!

My most anticipated PCP side-effect? Setting the mindset!

My biggest fear about the PCP? All of my clothes not fitting! Again! (I wear dress clothes and suits 80% of the time, I do not want to have to get my suits altered again! ha ha)

So those of you that have seen my banner up top saw that my one goal of mine is for the PCP to improve my practice of Parkour. For those who aren't familiar, Parkour is (to put it simply) the art of moving fluidly through any obstacles, and the discipline of getting faster and more efficient in movement.

My Hero David Belle is the founder of the discipline and he has the physical abilities, physique, and vision I really admire and I hope he will help me make it through the low points. And for anyone who is interested in learning more about Parkour/Free-running, check out American Parkour and also Urban Freeflow.

So here we go on this adventure! See everyone tomorrow!

10 comments:

Tim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tim said...

Hi Nate,
How did you know I didn't know what parkour is!!
Sounds like you are already there - the mindset is everything.
Good luck for tomorrow.
Tim

Adrian and Emiko said...

Parkour is awesome. I wish I could do that stuff, but I'm kind of scared of hurting myself...

Adrian

Adrian and Emiko said...

I wish I could too..especially monkey-vaults! So cool!

Emiko

Amy said...

Are there any parkour moves (or whatever you call them) that you haven't mastered yet but are working towards? That would be another great way of measuring progress. I want to see awesome pictures of you jumping off porches and stuff.

Nate said...

Hey guys thanks for all the posts!

About at the 30 day mark or so i'm planning on doing a Parkour blog. I want to go out and do a practice session, record my results, (maybe a vid or two) and then continue to train at least once a week fo rthe rest of the project. Hopefully then we can track the results!

And maybe everyone else can go out and try a vault or two!

Patrick said...

On Day 30 lets all get a picture of us jumping over something!

miles said...

Man, I bet Parkour feels amazing once you've practiced a while. Closest thing I can think of is running through the woods at full speed as a kid.

Are there groups up in The Roc that go out together? I'm right down the road in Ithaca.

Best of luck on Day One.

Anonymous said...

You're already pretty hot.

Nate said...

1. Thanks to whoever said I'm hot lol

2. I have no idea Miles sorry. I really am very new to Parkour. But after the PCP maybe I'll start my own group!

3. Amen to a day 30 jumping post!