Friday, August 22, 2008

New diet. aka more food then ever!

So we got our new diet plans. 

I have to say this, I have never been a breakfast guy, wasn't serious about even eating anything in the mornings till I read Patrick's PCP blog. And even then It was a banana or a cup of yogurt with some granola, maybe some fresh fruit like berries. And in the case of having a morning off I would make eggs and toast around 10am. Not really breakfast. 

So without further ado Here is my Week 2 diet plan. After I blog here I'm off to make that smoothie (If I don't feel like the clean-up I'll just eat them separate. The first time I do make the smoothie I will be sure to share the experience).

Breakfast  150g carb 100g veg 1egg  150ml yogurt

Morning snack 100g fruit

Lunch 150g carb 150g meat 150g veg

Afternoon snack 100g fruit

Dinner  150g meat 150g veg 100g fruit

Night tea 1 banana 1egg white 200ml milk (blended together in a smoothie if you like)


I have to admit I didn't eat everything to the max today. That's more carbs than I'm used to, and much more vegetables so I will have to focus on really following the diet plan to the full. This is going to be the biggest challenge I think. Everyone has been talking a lot about "routine" I say bring it on! If I can get into the habit of eating the food and preparing it and getting up early to do it so be it!


So we all got the most interesting e-mail from Patrick yet. It is about our exercise plans starting tomorrow. More on the tomorrow. But trust me it's cool. Can't wait!


PCP2 team we are really in it now! Lets rock the PCP!


Have a nice night everyone.



5 comments:

Amy said...

I like how you bolded "Night Tea" I thought we were supposed to drink tea along with the banana and egg and milk.

Seriously, 150g of carbs is WAY more than I am used to eating. I weighed my 1/2 bowls of cereal and that was only 55g. Probably even my 1/2 bagel didn't quite make it.

Keep up the good work!

Tim said...

Just reading your blog gets my energy levels up!!

Nate said...

Well I'm sure you could have tea if you want Amy! I love tea so that's a good idea lol

Thanks Tim that mean a lot!

Adrian and Emiko said...

I haven't been drinking tea at night either. Is Night Tea a nightly tea, or is Night Tea the name of a meal? I am CON-FUS-ED...

-E

Nate said...

Emiko - I don't think we are supposed to drink tea. That's the name of the "meal" but of course tea isn't bad to have it's a 0 calorie drink with nothing added. ask Patrick to be sure but I bet on it being the name of the meal