Monday, August 18, 2008

I Still Can't Believe It

I feel like a little kid as I sit hear and sweat off my 650 jumps. I am still so excited for the PCP! I hope my enthusiasm stays strong. And I will tell you what helps the most. You guys! Thanks everyone for their comments and support and blogs and everything. The PCP stands out so far in one way in my mind. Fitness should be communal. But sadly it's something we don't get. Here on our PCP blogs we have the community support to keep going strong but as soon as you set foot in the "Real World" it's a different story. So thanks guys!

So anyway I have a number of little side projects I have wanted to do that are related to the PCP. First off I got an idea from the little side convo Patrick and I had on Frank's hot sauce last post. I want to make PCP safe hot sauces and salsas because I love spiciness! My family has a rather large vegetable garden and fruit trees so this time of year is perfect for making any sort of fresh-producy-goodness (Sean I think you are wearing off on me lol) .

So this is where you come in!

I want to make 2 Salsas and 2 sauces. So come up with some ideas and comment or e-mail me and about a week from now I will document the experimentation/creation and share the recipes here for all!

Go nuts! I'll take some pictures of my garden and the various hot-peps I grow tomorrow!

Also I did my first 194 jumps today all in a row! I was so happy.

Have a great one guys!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Do they have peach trees? Peach salsa is so yummy. You can make it super hot because the sweetness tempers the heat. What kind of peppers? I love www.allrecipes.com.
Also if you eat fish, look into ceviche. It's really healthy and has habaneros in it.

Patrick said...

Yeah, go for the sweet/spicy angle. Mangos, pineapples. And a good green salsa is hard to find.

Tim said...

I'm on - although all my garden has got is weeds and mosquitos lol

Nate said...

I have peach trees! I will have to work something out. I grow habaneros, jalepenos, cubaneros, giant hot thai, green bell, and usually cayenne but this year I didn't.

miles said...

I'm curious to see this garden. Those peppers always look so cute and innocent when they're growing and haven't yet hit your tongue.

You guys have me hooked on dried dates and figs.... so why not in hot sauce form too? It could be revolutionary!