Friday, September 26, 2008

Updates going into Week 7! And I'm off for the weekend!

Alright guys I have a ton to post and not a lot of time. it's days like this I'm glad the PCP really gives me the extra boost of energy!

Section 1: Jump-rope

So first off how am I keeping jump-roping interesting? I'll tell you how!

So I wanted to start developing my jumping tricks, I and starting to think how I can start incorporating more Parkour related things. Since many of our exercises are already geared towards that. (aka creep, pistol squats, pull-ups, and floor jumps) So I made a routine I go through to increase the fun! And also increase my stamina, agility, coordination, and balance. So this is what I do.

5 normal jumps
5 on my right leg
5 normal
5 left leg
5 normal
4 normal 1 double (repeat 5 times)
4 normal 1 cross (repeat 5 times)
5  normal
25 running in place at double previous speed
repeat

It's awesome and makes 2 minutes fly! With all the tripping I still do on the cross jumps I can do that whole circuit 2 maybe 3 times. But man am I really pushing myself again!

Section 2: New diet

Breakfast  100g carb 120g veg  2egg  200ml yogurt (up 20g veg, up 50ml yogurt)
Morning Tea 100g fruit (up 20 g fruit)
Lunch  120g carb 100g meat 150g veg 1egg white (up 20g veg)
Afternoon Tea 80g fruit (same)
Dinner 50g carb 80g veg  1egg white (No more smoothies! I'll miss em! This is a very small dinner less calories than the smoothie I'm sure) 
Night Tea  80g fruit  150ml milk (down 80g veg, up 30g fruit, up 150ml milk)
Before  Workout eat 50g carb  (same)
After  Workout 1egg  white (same, down 1 egg white total back to 5 a day!)

Section 3: New work-outs

Just a list. These are broken up day to day in a way of being most effective. And most tortirous on my body! :-)

Jump-rope  3 minutes x 5 sets
Lunge 4 x 18
Floor-jump 4 x 14
Pull-up 4 x 4-6
Rowing 4 x 20
Elevated Triceps Dip 4 x 6-8 (max, I have done them elevated from the beginning)
Ski-jumper 4 x 18
Seated Sit-up 5 x 12
Plank 4 x 60 secs
Chest dip 5 x 5-8 (8-8-6-6-5)
Push-up 4 x 12-14 (max, hopefully)
Standing Ovation (Formerly Chest-fly) 4 x 20 
Thumbs-up Curl 4 x 15
One-arm Curl 4 x 12-17 (max)
Chicken-wing 4 x 15
Side-crunch 4 x 12
V-sit 4 x 14

Section 4: Change of Scenery

So I heard Patrick talk about before that a vacation is a bunk term. That he says instead A change of scenery. I like that better since I have never viewed "vacations" as "vacations" since they are often more stressful, spend resources you don't have, and make you feel like the rest of your year is incomplete and lacking. 

So this weekend I'm going camping. I'll have to pack a ton of food but I'm excited because I'm sure my pyro-side will be happy for 2 days. So enjoy your weekends everyone!

Be back Monday!

7 comments:

Tim said...

Enjoy!!

Adrian and Emiko said...

Nate,

I've been doing something similar while jump roping, but I can't get the cross yet. Anyway, have a good trip! No pun intended.

-A

Patrick said...

I wondered where all those forest fires were coming from...

Amy said...

Have a great camping trip!

Anonymous said...

Nate,

I dont know why you have that problem with vacations. I certainly don't and I go with you on alot of your "changes of scenery". I do have to say that it is a huge change of scenery for me to see you munching on a bowl of lettuce next to a giant blazing fire.

Adrian and Emiko said...

Hey, how was your 'change of scenery,' Nate? Good and relaxing, I hope! Tell us all about it!

-E

Nate said...

dude that was awesome. Good times this weekend