Saturday, September 20, 2008

Updates for Week 6!

So we have successfully finished 5 weeks and are into our Sixth! Almost half -way done which is unbelievable. Patrick mentioned that around day 40 is really when the last fat starts to go and the muscles we have made starts really standing out. I hope that holds true for me over the next week!

So I have a couple more Parkour Heros to post and some other interesting stuff as well but for today I'm just doing some basic updates. New diet. New work-outs. And how I feel.

Adrian & Emiko were talking about being in a recent PCP valley and I felt the same way for a few days. Rather discouraged etc about not seeing and recent progress but Patrick's e-mail came at the right time about visceral fat holding on to the last and how we will start to see changes soon. Especially because "we have taken the training wheels off" and are really kicking it into high gear. So bring it on changes!

Today however I'm upset because I have a random hive-like rash all over like I had an allergic reaction to something. But I didn't eat anything out of the norm and had no contact with animals I may be allergic too. It's really weird. And itchy.

On a sad note my guinea pig Sketcher of 6 years is dying and doesn't have long to go so that's sad but she lived a long healthy life. 

So without further ado here is some new info!

Patrick asked for us not to share the specifics of our workout routine at this point of the PCP since it's so close to his final product and we all certainly respect that. So I will list the workouts we are doing and my projected ability. But I'm not posting how they are structured day-to-day since when we do the exercises are what's most important right now. (If I post too much Patrick just let me know and I'll take it down)

Workout Plan

Jumprope 6 sets of 2 mins (every day: and it come to about 1500-1800 skips depending on how fast I do them with a 30 sec break in between sets)
Pistol Squat 4 x 3-5 (max, great PK training)
Creep 4 x 12 (max, great PK training)
Pull-up 4 x 3-5 (max, the real deal now!)
Pull-down 4 x 15 (max)
Triceps Dip 3 x 8-10 (max)
Triceps Extension 4 x 15 (max)
V-sit 5 x 10-12 (12-12-10-10-10, or hopefully max)
Side-crunch 4 x 10 (max, finally some oblique work!)
Chest Dip 5 x 4-6 (not sure, never attempted before)
Push-up 4 x 10-12 (max)
Outside Curl 4 x 10-15 (not sure, never attempted before)
One-arm curl 4 x 10-15 (15-15-12-10, the most over-rated muscle is the bicep (since so many people think having them makes them fit) but I can't wait to pump em!)
Forward Shoulder Raise 4 x 16-18 (16-16-16-16, I still despise shoulder work, I am not up to par)
Shoulder-fly 4 x 15-18 (not sure, probably minimum, never attempted before)
Leg-up 4 x 20 (max)
Plank 4 x 50 seconds (max, I love them, "meditation on pain" lol)

So again keep in mind Patrick is not having us do every day but broken up through the week. But that's all I can say.

Diet Plan

Breakfast  100g carb 100g veg 2egg 150ml yogurt (same)

Morning Tea  80g fruit (same)

Lunch  100g carb 100g meat 150g veg 1egg white (down 20g meat, up 1 egg white)

Afternoon Tea 80g fruit (same)

Dinner 1egg white 1apple 1banana 150ml milk 1spoon rice/granola (down 1 egg white)

Night Tea 80g veg  1egg white  50g fruit (up 30g veg, up 50g fruit)

Before Workout  eat 50g carb  

After Workout  eat  1egg white (up 1 egg white)


Notes: I am up to 6 eggs a day now and other than that no significant changes except for the added fruit and veggies at night which will actually be hard to eat because I usually am not hungry after 7 pm anymore at all.


So that's about it. I'm gonna blog about one more Parkour Hero, and also a final David Belle post and where I plan to go with Parkour sometime get a pic up of me training. Also I will blog about the neat pull-up bar I bought and this awesome blender that my mom go me that blends my whole dinner smoothie into a giant mug, no clean up! It's great.


Have a great weekend everyone!


4 comments:

Patrick said...

Things get much easier from here dude, nice job getting over the halfway mark.

I've enjoyed the "Week of Parkour" and it looks like you've got A&Em into it for real. That's great man!

Nate said...

Thanks Patrick. Yea A & E are gonna have a lot of fun with it for sure. I have a little more PK info to come then back to the normal blogs!

Tim said...

I've ended up drinking my smoothie from the blender too!!! Beats washing up a cup as well.

Adrian and Emiko said...

The parkour class is this weekend, we're pretty excited!

A&E