Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Records, Records Everywhere!

So I had a really busy weekend. Sorry for my absence but I am back and the PCP has been growing strong over here! I got to sleep for about 10 hours yesterday and that was fabulous I haven't had a chance to sleep until I naturally woke up in a very long time! But i did have to work at night but I'm not complaining when I'm getting paid double-time and a half! 

So today I had a really good jump-roping experience. I have been doing my 1500 in sets of 300 these past few days. The great thing is I have been able to push past the point where it's hard and you kind of hit the zone and your muscles keep going and going. Well today I also had gotten the rhythm! On my second set I had an all time record of 274 in a row with no trips!

But then . . . 

In the next set I got 348!!!!!!!

I was so freaking happy.

The weird thing is that I think sleeping is what helped. Not being rested but mental rehearsal. The brain is an interesting thing and it works on solutions to problems while asleep, often in dream format. Last night I was dream of jump-roping and doing it as fast as possible and getting many in a row. While it seems like it certainly helped! Thanks Subconscious. You rock.

So besides that I was gonna say on little thing about my shoulders. That's that I agree 100%  with Adrian that my shoulders are not up to snuff. Man! I can't believe how hard it is to do some of these sets to the max, or minimum for that matter. If I want to get into Parkour I will definitely have to work more on my shoulders so I'm glad with the PCP that they are targeted EVERY DAY!

So other than that not much else is new. I just picked a number of interesting peppers form my garden and can't wait to experiment with them. Habeneros, jalepenos, hot thai peppers, and cubaneros.

So 2 posts back a reader from Germany (That's awesome by the way, simply great that the PCP is spreading it's borders! And I am delighted that you would comment on my blog Jochen) asked for some descriptions of the exercises we do. I would be happy to oblige and here I will explain 2 today and tackle some more tomorrow. Sometimes it's easy to forget Patrick explains everything to us and we get to pass it along!

Lawnmowers: For these guys you anchor the dongle for your resistance band at knee level. Stand sideways with your forward arm on your hip facing the door. Then with the other hand grab both handles and pull back. You just move your arms and exhale as you pull. Return to starting position with control. This works the lower lats in your back.

Ski Jumpers: Anchor the dongle at about waist height. Face the door and slightly squat and lean forward lie you are skiing down a slope. Grab a handle in either hand and start with your hands near your hips. Bend at the elbow to extend the forearm backward. This will give a great burning sensation in your triceps!

Try em out!

Have a nice evening everyone!

4 comments:

Adrian said...

Nate,

You've taught me a new onomatopoetic word today - 'dongle'. It's funny sounding.

Nate said...

I can;t take credit though it's Patrick's word for it! lol

Patrick said...

Yeah, everytime you guys use the word "dongle" you have to send me a royalty check.

I am insanely jealous of your pepper garden. In a few weeks we're going to talk about "negative calorie foods" and your garden will come into play Nate.

Nate said...

Awesome that sounds really cool can't wait to hear about it!

That would hilarious and awesome to own the word dongle. Patent it! lol