Sunday, September 14, 2008

PARKOUR HEROS: Stephane Vigroux

I am going to feature a string of Parkour Hero's. For those that are new to my blog, Parkour is a goal of mine in conjunction with the PCP. 

What is Parkour?

It is a discipline. An art. It is fluid movement through, over, or under any series of obstacles. It's a mindset as much as it is physical function. If there is anything in the world that requires a Peak Condition both mentally and physically it is Parkour.

And I hope the PCP sets me on the path to being a good, and eventually great, Traceur (The one who practices Parkour).

Here is Stephane Vigroux. He was trained by David Belle the founder of Parkour. Is a great speaker, teacher, and advocate of safe and effective Parkour. Enjoy these videos and search around for some more. He is very animated and does a great job of expressing in words the freedom of Parkour

Enjoy and have a nice afternoon!






3 comments:

Adrian and Emiko said...

Nate,

Those videos are really inspiring, thank you for posting them. I'm thinking of hooking up with some folks around here to start training.

-A

Nate said...

You bet Adrian!

Sometimes I feel guilty like I shouldn't have picked Parkour since I don't actually train. Like I have the time with the PCP! lol. But Hopefully as soon as the project is over i'll be able to switch focus.

Check out americanparkour.com they will direct you to anyone in your area.

Tim said...

Hey Nate, that's the point. It is where you want to be just like Patrick and Bruce Lee. OK, so maybe I don't want to be a coyote in the American South West, but you know what I mean.