Saturday, September 6, 2008

Freedom

I have to say the number 1 thing I am loving about the PCP right now is freedom! It really is a great feeling and I am loving every day more and more. 

I just wanted to share a couple little things tonight.

1. Thanks to everyone who is supporting me in this. Family, friends, coworkers, and of course the awesome community here with the PCP. 

Tim, Amy, Adrian & Emiko, you guys are suck a great group to do this with and I look forward to the end of the project when we can all look back with pride at everything we have done.

Patrick, thanks for the opportunity and for sticking with us and devoting so much energy to this project, it's really great. 

Chen, the behind the scenes nutritional genius, thanks for working so hard at getting us all specific diets. For everyone who is reading keep in mind Chen and Patrick have to create a specific diet plan for all 5 PCP2 participants, all 3 PCP Japan participants every week, and of course have provided any maintenance info to PCP1 group. That's a huge job. 

And lastly (but not leastly) the PCP1 group. You guys really are the pioneer guinea pigs and I loved all of your blogs and journeys. Sean for your upbeat thoughtful and detailed daily posts that gave me something PCP every day even after Patrick's project was over. Corry for doing so great and always being a nurturing positive influence and showing us how the PCP can change your life. And David for your down to earth posts. You held nothing back and let us take the ride with you on ups and downs, that made me know that even though it wouldn't be an easy journey it was worth it.

2. I totally agree with Emiko that when made improperly the PCP smoothie is terrible. I need a new blender

3. When do we have an indulgence? Is it even part of the PCP anymore? I am have been curious for a long time now to observe how old food i used to eat would affect my body. I don't desire to eat any of it in the least but I want to for the sake of science! And my best-friend has helped me brainstorm what would be some crazy indulgences that would surely be entertaining for me to post about.

4. So I came to a really funny conclusion today and almost laughed myself silly. I was thinking of how Patrick has mentioned many times that he progressively got colder as he lost "insulation" (aka fat). So I thought of something. GLOBAL WARMING IS A MYTH. The earth's temperature is not rising every year it's just the simple fact the earth's population increases their average body fat percentage by 2.5% every year! (not really facts but I could see it as a headline for some satirical paper)

5. Check out how Patrick is doing He is totally killing the PCP still and if I look like that in 5 months I will be totally stoked.

Alright tat's all for now I'm off to relax and read. Night!

P.S. I think I might try an experiment tonight since I have no plans (yea I know not social life right? It's a saturday night with nothing to do, Well I have the PCP baby!) I might go to bed at like 9 and see what happens. I'll let you know!

6 comments:

Tim said...

Got my new blender tonight lol

Nate said...

Sweet I still need one lol

Adrian and Emiko said...

Nate,

have you been working on your parkour moves?

-Adrian

Patrick said...

Dude, going to sleep at 9pm is an incredible thing. I do it about once a week, and wake up feeling strong, fresh, and have incredibly productive the next day. People laugh at me but then they aren't in the kind of shape that I want to be in.

Amy said...

Good thoughts, Nate! I don't think I want to look QUITE like Patrick when this is all over, but it's impressive.

Nate said...

Amy - ya that would be weird if you looked like Patrick lol

Adrian - No I haven;t had a chance I have no time at all for that stuff right now, but next weekend I'm gonna go try some PK drills. And try my hand at some vaults etc

Patrick - I agree! The same goes for eating 2 egg whites for dinner. lol