Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sleep

So yesterday I was going to try to sleep from 9pm on. I wound up going to bed at 10 pm and like usual falling asleep at 10:05. I sleep very well in any and all circumstances. And usually it can be perpetual to the point of I HAVE to get up because I'm to hungry or have to use the bathroom. So I will try the experiment again sometime. My goal is to make it easier to get up earlier and I haven;t had a day to sleep-in a lot since the project started so I want to put a day aside to shake off my sleep debt.

I'll let you know how that goes.

I took my rest day today because I was so busy but my cardio abilities are a lot better. It feels like I can jump forever without getting that "winded" feeling. 

Patrick mentioned in our e-mail for tomorrow (He's in Japan so it's form the future) that around now we might have a hard time with our cravings or maybe just wanting to eat "stuff." It's true! I have been so hungry with this cut-down diet that things I haven't had (or in very small quantities) for months before the PCP (like cookies, candy, etc) are seeming appetizing. The smell is what gets me. I guess when it comes to hunger my body is still like "Give me something!"

We also got the green-light on out indulgence #1. Trust me it's gonna be an adventure I have some great ideas up my sleeve. And you will find this very interesting in the posts to come. I am really curious as to how my body will now react to sugars, salts, and really spicy food, which I haven't made since on the project I have kept things fairly mild.

So other than that nothing is new. Have a great night everyone. Rest well and often!

7 comments:

Adrian and Emiko said...

Whenever I think of 'indulgence' I always think of something sweet, but you are totally right that we should also consider the other extremes (oh god, going too salty seems like it would kill me now though!)

I still don't know what to indulge in!

emiko

Patrick said...

Great news on the cardio. That "winded" feeling is where we don't want to be, ever, if we can help it.

Nate said...

Speaking of sweet I think patrick was trying to kill himself when he did the lemon bars. Man that's nuts.

And that is good news on the cardio!

Amy said...

I really had to think about it. Some pho or green curry would be really yummy. Maybe next time. Beer and wine don't sound appetizing at all.

Nate said...

Yea indian food will most certainly be one of my indulgences

Tim said...

I think sleeping well takes practice too. We get ourselves accustomed to getting up without enough sleep. I know I have!!

Pho can't contain too much, can it?

But the sorbet would still be my favorite at the moment although I think I'm going to hold my indulgence in reserve lol.

Amy said...

pho doesn't have a lot of calories (mostly in the noodles) or fat if you get the eye of round (Pho Tai) but I think the broth is very, very salty. And hey, if you load it up with bean sprouts and basil like I do it can't be so unhealthy.

Indian food, like some curried chickpeas or mattar paneer, can't be too far outside of PCP. Just watch the portions (obvs no buffets!)