Friday, October 3, 2008

Challenges!

This is just a quick post to let everyone know that the PCP by all means is a huge CHALLENGE! 

Right now I have been so busy and it seems so hard to keep up with everything and I have totally been battling not letting the PCP take a back seat in some cases. I don't know why it's so hard sometimes just to do stuff but I have been so worn down and tired it has been hard to do 100% of my exercises some days. And honestly I have let a couple slide here and there. 

That needs to stop.

I don't want to look back and think "Man I could have had a ton better results if I only did THAT or THIS"

I have been keeping everything pretty much at the level it supposed to be but I know it can be a Slippery-slope and I don't want to start down that path. So I hope I can keep things in high gear here and not slip any further. It's not good to get lax on the project AND feel guilty about it so I'm not going to dwell on anything but form here on out I'm going to cultivate the energy and zeal I had on Day 1.

Let's get the adventure going again.

So Help me all hold to this because I know everyone else has there own stresses and problems and I have proven to myself I'm not the kind of person anymore to say "well I just don't have the TIME to get in shape" I have the time and I have the program and I'm afraid of letting you all down. I just need to balance and readjust my mindset.

Six-pack here I come.

And on a positive note the PCP has changed me so much that my diet has not slipped at all. I find it much harder to stick to the workouts. So At least I know at the end of the 90 days eating right is 80% of the battle, and I have the 80% knocked down and covered. But I have 40 more days to get a handle on making working out not a choice but a habit in every way possible. The jump-roping is fine I have never missed a day without a legit substitution but man I just can't get myself to do all my strength workouts some days. It can be a real battle.

So it's time to change and taking preventive measures to not go any further. And as Patrick has always told us the blog is the accountability that keeps us going. If I'm not honest here then I'm not being honest with myself.

Thanks guys for all your support and this probably isn't as dramatic as I made this post sounds, but the PCP has the effect on you. Avoiding 20 grams of vegetable or your shoulder workouts can seem like a HUGE deal with a PCP mentality. While before I would've been like "eh, it's nothing I'll just make it up tomorrow."

Have a great night

6 comments:

Amy said...

It really is a challenge. And the workouts are not THAT hard, it's just your mind...gotta work with your mind...

I have found that one of the huge obstacles is how other people react to what/how much I eat (or don't eat). They take it kind of personal, which is really weird.

Adrian and Emiko said...

Amy, I know just what you mean about people's reactions. It's like you are defiling the way normal people eat by measuring and all that.

Nate,
I am right here with you. I have been really busy with school and work and I just have a hard time having the motivation to do everything 100%. But I have begun to recognize that, and to work on it, and that is what you will do now too. I think that's a big step. Let's support each other!

Remember what you said in this post if your motivation starts to wane somewhere down the line. Keep going!

-E

Patrick said...

Re: giving yourself a hard time over missing a few exercises or grams. You SHOULD be giving yourself a hard time. This project is about expecting more from yourself than regular people. And the magic is that time and time again, you will deliver! But we can never find these hidden reservoirs of energy and confidence if we just let things slide.

So right on man, feel crappy when you dog an exercise, and make sure you get it right the next day. This is the only way to Peak Condition. PCP doesn't mean the Pretty Good Condition Project.

Tim said...

But man, you are really leading the way. So just believe that you can do it, because you can!!

Adrian and Emiko said...

It's been challenging for me too Nate. Some days I've got endless amounts of energy, and other days I just want to sit on my ass all day. But I know if we work through those times of weakness, eventually, that weakness will diminish. We've all come a long way. We're different people now, don't look back!

-A

Nate said...

Hey guys thanks for all the support it means a lot!

I definitely be hanging in there and doing my best once more.

I don't want it to be the Pretty Good condition project either