Sunday, October 19, 2008

Busy Busy Busy

Hey all,

So I have been insanely busy. Everyone who knows me personally knows I work 30-40 hours a week, do 18 hours of volunteer work a week. Have the daily workouts and food to prepare. Plus 2 nights a week and sunday mornings that I attend my religious meetings. 

I tell you what recently it has just been insane! Preparing numerous public speaking parts to give, visiting friends down in Waterloo NY (about an hour away) more frequently, and the cold darkness in the mornings and nights is taking it's toll. It's very difficult sometimes to get going early enough in the morning. And when I don't and have to do my workouts late I immediately regret not getting up early because it's so hard to be motivated. So most days now I am doing my jump-ropes in 40 or below degrees while it's dark. That's really hard. 

Plus the past few days it has been near impossible to get my whole workout done in one straight shot.

My diet went up again and it's now the highest it has been for the whole project. It's pretty crazy and a ton of food to get used to but it's working. I have seemed to plateau with weight and also body fat. That last bit I have been complaining about for a month now is still there holding strong. But I know I am doing all that I can so I'm taking it one day at a time.

Our workouts have changed a little. No new types of exercises but we have 1 less this to do. Instead of 8 different exercises a day it's 7. That doesn't really save us any time but it seems more manageable. Especially because I now do 18 minutes of jumprope, which turns out to be about 2500 skips at my pace. And we are working to muscle failure on a few sets the workout takes me more than and hour from start to finish. And boy it is hard to find even an hour now a days.

So I apologize for the less frequent posts. I have a list of things I wanted to post about and I don't know how many of them I will get to since the project is near it's end but I'll do what I can.

New measurements and flexing in a different pose photo coming soon

have a good one.

Nate

3 comments:

Emiko said...

We miss you Nate! So glad to hear from you, sounds like you really have no free time. Just remember that we only have a few more weeks, so that's motivation to work really hard until the end. I am feelin' you on that stubborn fat, though, it's time for it to say goodbye already!

Hope you are handling it all okay.
-E

Amy said...

you are doing good! I average about 100 skips/minute so you are really workin' it!

Tim said...

Good grief, man, 2,500 skips in 18 minutes. I'm lucky if I do half that, and that's on a good day, lol. The only way I could compete is if we multiply the skips by our ages. Shows you how many times I trips up still!!

But this isn't a competition so I I can just say I can only admire the effort - keep it up, despite all the pressures.

100 per minute sounds pretty good to me, Amy, and you've been loaded with the number of sets so well done to you too!!